*Rix* and I have made a resource balancing tool that will help you to quickly and effectively balance your resources either among group of villages, or among all of your villages.
It uses this script to gather data about your villages (i.e. resources and available merchants) then run the data through a python algorithm.Code:
The algorithm figures out what villages need to send resources where, and spits out a page detailing this and links to help you get there.
Embedded in the links are the resources that need to be sent. Clicking each link takes you to the relevant market page with the target input.
At this point I copied functionality from some existing market scripts.
1. Click the script to enter in the resources embedded in the url.
2. Click the script again to automatically press the "ok" button.
3. On the confirm page, click the script again to send off your resources.
Edit: I've set up a skype chat for people that need help.
Common Issues and Solutions:
1. You must allow popups from tribalwars. (Tribalwars doesn't use popups, so you shouldn't have to worry about getting any from tribalwars anyway.)
2. You must wait long enough for the production overview tabs to finish loading before pressing the script a second time. Fixed with v2
3. You must have your dynamic menu bar turned on. Fixed with v2
Version 2 Released! 10/28/09
*Rix* and I just released version two of the resource balancer. There is no need to update your script, but you might get access to the new one a day sooner if you clear your cache.
1. The Resource Balancer will now work in a sat account.
2. Warehouse levels are now taken into account, to prevent a village from receiving more resources than it can hold.
3. Optional Advanced settings that enable you to only balance one resource, or choose to horde a certain amount of a resource in villages with a surplus of that resource.
4. Adding formatting to the village data submission page.
1. The script will now prevent you from clicking it again too soon before the village overview tabs finish loading.
2. The script should now always open the village overview pages that displays "ALL" villages in the selected group.
3. You no longer need to have your dynamic menu bar turned on to use the Resource Balancer.
Edit Dec. 6th 2009
Version 3 Released!
*Rix* and I just released version three of the resource balancer. There is no need to update your script, but you might get access to the new one a day sooner if you clear your cache.
1. You can now select an option that will send extra resources from your villages with more than 23,950 population, to villages with less than 22k population. Once a village has less than 22k population it receives more and more extra resources the lower its population actually is. This setting is ideal for players with many villages recruiting troops or under construction. **Please note that this setting currently negates the 'horde' settings.**
2. New stat totaling how many merchant transports listed on the output page.
3. New stat revealing how many fields your merchant transports will travel on average.
By popular request I am working on a feature to limit how far your merchants travel. Currently the resource balancer maximizes merchants per resource transport, in order to limit how many transports you have to send. The new feature will allow you to instead minimize merchant travel time, at the cost of more resource transports to send. (Hopefully there won't be too many extra.)
How will this feature work? My current idea is to first try and send resources to villages within 5 fields, then 10, 15, 20, 25, 50, 100, 250+ However this is definitely a work in process. Please post feedback and suggestions below.